Saturday, March 21, 2015

Ideas for Confirmation Saints

Hi Everyone!
It's Linwe here again. Many of you probably are already Confirmed in the Army of Christ.  But for those who aren't, I decided to recommend a few saints as you are going through Confirmation prep.

The first saint I would like to recommend is St. Mother Theodore Guerin.  She is my Confirmation saint and I really love her.  She founded the Sisters of Providence in Terre Haute, Indiana.  She was from France and lived between the years, 1798-1856.  She is the patroness of teachers. She came over to America as a missionary to those few people living in Terre Haute at the time.  She was canonized by St. Pope John Paul II in 2006.  Her feast day is October 3rd.

The next saint I want to cover is St. Thomas More. Another one of my favorite saints.  He was a close friend to King Henry VIII and gave advise to him.  He lived from the years 1478-1535.  He was beheaded by King Henry VIII when he refused to say that Henry could divorce his first wife, Blessed Catherine of Aragon. 

This last saint is still a blessed.  I would like to bring her to attention for most people.  Blessed Catherine of Aragon, first wife to King Henry VIII.  She lived from 1485 and was beheaded by Henry in 1536 when she was unable to bear a son for him.  She is among the blesseds that have been forgotten.  I didn't know she was a Blessed until my mother gave me a holy card with he picture on it.


Hope you enjoy this post! Look out for more coming soon!

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment