Saturday, April 11, 2015

Trip to Italy

Hi Everyone!
I am going to share a little of my trip to Italy. I had the privilege overseas for two weeks for Christmas break of 2013. I went with my family and my grandfather and his wife. We left on December 23rd, 2013 and arrived 9 hours later. When we arrived, my grandfather, his wife, and my sister took a nap while my parents and I went on the Scavi Tour where we were able to go under the Vatican and see the old roads and St. Peter's bones.

On the 24th, we celebrated my grandfather's birthday and went to see some sites! Christmas Day we attended Mass at Mary Major Church. We rushed back to receive Pope Francis' Christmas Blessing! It was so touching and breath-taking! Later we went to see some more churches. We saw the Pantheon and the Colosseum.

We spent till the next few days just visiting churches and then we left on December 27th or 28th for Assisi, where Sts. Clare and Francis lived. We didn't know that Assisi was on a hill! The streets were so narrow! I felt unworthy to walk the same streets that Clare and Francis walked.  We stayed in Assisi till the 29th and then left for Lucca.

Lucca was home to St. Gemma Galgani, our family patron. She is a very recent saint to be canonized. It also had a huge wall around dating back to the early Medieval times. We greeted 2014 here! We were also like 10 minutes from Pisa, so we just had to go and get pictures with the Leaning Tower! :D

We then left for our last destination, Venice. St Mark's Square and Church was just breath taken. It is very easy to get lost in Venice.  My mom and I stumbled upon a church that hosted Sts. Anthanasius and Zachariah's bodies! Also, we got to see St. Zita's body.  

We had to say farewell to Italy on January 4th, 2014. It is my goal to get back there!


St. Peter's 
The Trevi Fountain
Waiting to receive Pope Francis' Blessing
This wasn't just "hot chocolate" this was hot cream. xD 
Over that wall was where Julius Caesar was murdered. 
Morning view of Assisi! 
The little cell where St. Francis' father locked him up one time.
I don't have any on my iPod or camera of Lucca, but here is Pisa!
St. Zita's body
Venice taken from inside the speed boat. 
Gondola! 

Hope you enjoyed this post and I'll be back soon to post something else!
God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment